Apply for the 2014 Woolworths TASTE bursary and make your dream of becoming a chef come true
Do you dream of becoming a chef? Woolworths TASTE magazine would love to make that dream come true by awarding one young South African a culinary bursary.
Woolworths TASTE magazine wants to inspire, nurture and uplift young, promising culinary talent by giving one lucky applicant the opportunity to further his/her career with a bursary to the Silwood School of Cookery.
NOTE: THE CLOSING DATE IS 30 SEPTEMBER 2013
MORE ABOUT THE PRIZE
The winner will be awarded a Woolworths TASTE bursary in partnership with Silwood Cookery School which will include:
- One year’s study at Silwood Cookery School, sponsored by Woolworths TASTE Magazine
- A second year’s study at Silwood School, sponsored by Silwood Cookery School
Email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax it to +27(0) 21 417 1243
Post it to: Woolworths TASTE, New Media House, 19 Bree Street; Cape Town, 8001
IMPORTANT: Entries close 30 September 2013
WHO CAN APPLY?
- The Woolworths TASTE culinary bursary award is open to all candidates who are inspired to be a chef.
- The candidate must be younger than 35 years.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for food and cooking and show a keen interest in upping the standard of South Africa’s culinary industry.
- The candidate will always have dreamt of becoming a dedicated and committed chef, but doesn’t have the resources to make it a reality.
- He/she will have basic working experience in a restaurant or eating establishment, but have no formal training.
- He/she will be passionate, energetic and enthusiastic to learn all the ins and outs of the culinary industry.
- He/she will have some knowledge of the industry and food.
- Finally, he/she will be computer literate and have good communications skills in English.
- The bursary is available to South African citizens only.