Corporate Evenings: The evening is a once off cooking class booked by one group. Participants cook a meal and then sit down to eat and enjoy what they have made.
Cooking evenings: These are fun, purely hands-on, cookery evenings, where each participant cooks a 2 course meal – then sits down to enjoy it.
We have 3 formats:
1. “cook your own plate” Participants cook in pairs- they prepare their own plate of food. (no buffet table) – most suitable for groups where certain paticipants have strick dietry requirements.
2. “buffet Style” Teams of 3-5 cook different dishes which form a meal- these are put onto a buffet table for everyone to help themselves.
3. “Competition Style” Teams of 3-5 cook and main course and dessert from a mystery basket. Each team has a Silwood junior chef to help them. The teams are judged by the head chef to find the winning team. The food is placed on a buffet table for everyone to taste each others.
18h00 Arrival and enjoy drinks and snacks in the garden
18h30-20h00 Pair up into teams and cook
20h00 sit down and enjoy the fruits of your labour
Parties must vacate the premises no later than 22h00
We do not sell drinks, please bring your own- we have a barman who will serve them for you. You can deliver them ahead of time and we will chill them and set up bar before your guests arrive.
If you want to have a special apron made for your event, we recommend you contact:
Minted Ginger – ph 0741820799 firstname.lastname@example.org or Apron Strings ph 0216891902
Cost: (from 1 Sep 2011)
15-18 covers- R400 per head excl. vat
12-14 covers: R425 per head excl. vat
8-11 covers: R450 per head excl. (adjusted menu if “buffet style” functions)
less than 8 by arrangement
Minimum number of participants 8, Maximum number : 18.
Final Numbers must be confirmed 2 days before the function.
Parties must vacate the premises no later than 22h00 as we are situated in a residential area.
CONTACT CARIANNE PHONE : (021) 6864894/5
Please deposit full amount into our bank account in order to confirm booking.
Standard Bank Rondebosch Acc name: Silwood Kitchen,
Acc: 071457992, Branch code 025009
Cook your own plate:
Main course (choose 1)
Mushroom Stuffed Chicken with tarragon sauce served on a bed of risotto
Smoked salmon and asparagus pasta (make your own pasta)
Butter Chicken Curry served with popadoms, basmati rice and sambals
Dessert course (choose 1)
Lemon meringue pie
Seasonal fruit pavlovas with roasted hazelnuts
buffet menu 1: (each team cooks 1 or 2 of the dishes)
- Cajan linefish with guacamole and tomato salsa
- Spicy lamb with fresh mint sauce
- Roasted root vegetables
- Chickpea salad with tomato, red peppers and feta
- Butternut and beetroot salad with goats cheese rocket and toasted pumpkin seeds
- Thyme and garlic stuffed mushrooms served with crispy bread
- Berry pavlova with roasted hazelnuts and home-made ice-cream
Buffet-Style Menu 2: (each team cooks 1 or 2 of the dishes)
- Moroccan fish
- Balanese chicken curry (can be prawn on request)
- Basmati Rice
- popadoms and sambals
- Carrot and coriander salad
- Spicy lentil salad with red peppers, feta and spring onions
- Orange spiced roasted pears
- Yoghurt and cardamon panna cotta
Buffet-Style Menu 3: (each team cooks 1 or 2 of the dishes)
- Seafood Paella
- Moroccan Roast Sirloin
- Sweet corn fritters with smokey tomato dip
- Grilled asparagus Caesar salad
- Panzanella salad
- Summer fruit and almond tart
- Home-made ice-cream
- Chocolate brownies