Do you dream of becoming a chef? Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out would love to make that dream come true by awarding one young South African a Culinary Bursary.
Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out wants to inspire, nurture and uplift young, promising culinary talent by giving one lucky applicant the opportunity to further his/her career with a bursary to the Silwood School of Cookery. Applicants must have worked in a kitchen for 6 weeks before applying. Silwood can help find kitchen placements to aquire the experience need to apply.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY
The winner will be awarded a Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Culinary Bursary in partnership with Silwood Cookery School which will include:
- One year’s study at Silwood Cookery School, sponsored by Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out
- Second and third year’s study at Silwood School, sponsored by Silwood Cookery School
Find application detail here: Application
Email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post it to: Woolworths TASTE, New Media House, 19 Bree Street; Cape Town, 8001
WHO CAN APPLY?
1. Applicants must be South African citizens.
2. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
3. Applicants must be available to start tuition from January 2018
4. Applicants must ideally show proof of prior working experience in a professional kitchen i.e. in a restaurant, shop or café as a paid employee or intern.
5. Applicants must ideally be supported by a stable home environment, family and transport arrangements.
6. Living expenses, transport costs, accommodation and personal expenses are not included in the bursary
7. The bursary winner must attend the participating school closest to their place of residence